Traditional Knowledge and Resource Development
Community or traditional knowledge and economic decision-making, and what the past and current roles of community or traditional knowledge are in resource development decision-making.
Lead researcher: Henry Huntington, Huntington Consulting, Eagle River, AK (email@example.com)
This gap analysis will study the inclusion of traditional knowledge in Arctic research and policy. Priority research questions include:
- How has traditional knowledge influenced resource development in the Arctic?
- What is the role of power relations in determining if and how traditional knowledge influences decision outcomes?
- How do holders of traditional knowledge view their experiences in influencing resource development?
- What infrastructure is needed, and what is available, to support the wider engagement of traditional knowledge?
- How do indigenous proponents of the use of traditional knowledge view progress to date?
- How well-suited is traditional knowledge for resource development decision-making?