Resource revenue regimes
How resource revenues are shared with communities across the Arctic; the percentage of revenues that go to federal, territorial, and Indigenous governments; how the system works for each resource; and the implications for self-government and northern governments generally.
Lee Huskey, University of Alaska (email@example.com)
Chris Southcott, Lakehead University
This gap analysis is guided by five (preliminary) priority research questions related to resource revenues. These are:
- What is the range of mechanisms for successfully distributing resource revenues to local governments and organizations?
- How have resource revenues been used by local governments or organizations and what was the effect on the local distribution of benefits?
- What factors influences the outcome of legislative decisions to institute or change resource revenue regimes?
- What factors are important for determining the success or failure of community plans to save resource revenues?
- How have incentive schemes been used to increase production and what have been the consequences for revenues?